We are trying something new for this year’s Summit event!
You are invited to submit a proposal for a breakout session at the BC Hospitality Summit. We are looking for new ideas, new speakers and innovative concepts for our education program.
Deadline for submissions: January 18th, 2019
Selections Announced: February 15th, 2019
The expectation is that your subject matter will be relevant to the hospitality industry in British Columbia, especially for the members of the BC Hotel Association and ABLE BC, and that your proposals align closely with the conference theme, “Adapting to Change: Strategies for Success”.
PLEASE NOTE: Avoid self-promotion. Presentations focused on specific products and/or services, without an examination of broader relevance, will not be accepted.
Presentation submissions will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Topic addresses critical and timely issues in hospitality and is relevant to our audience
- Is clear, focused, well-organized, and designed to be interactive
- Has practical applicability to hospitality operators
- Embodies quality, innovation, and originality
- Features experienced speaker(s) with significant expertise
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Presenters may submit multiple proposals for multiple topics, but each must be submitted separately.
- Presenters will be offered a one-day complimentary conference registration for the same day on which they are presenting.
- There is no financial remuneration for speaking at the conference.
- Presenters are responsible for arranging and paying for their own accommodation and transportation.
- Breakout sessions will be 60 minutes long.
- Conference delegates will not be required to register for individual sessions and we cannot therefore guarantee or predict audience numbers by session.
- The expectation is that all presenters will provide their presentation slides and notes/handouts to conference organizers in advance of the conference. These materials will be made available online to all conference participants.
QUESTIONS: Nora Cumming, email@example.com or 250-382-3303 ext. 204